For newer colleagues, those who need a refresher, and perhaps even some seasoned users, below are several WebAdMIT and PharmCAS resources to help you navigate the new 2022-2023 PharmCAS cycle.
- 2022–2023 PharmCAS School Manual – The purpose of this manual is to assist AACP member institutions in understanding PharmCAS policies and procedures. The manual includes instructions specifically for participating Pharm.D. programs, as well as selected excerpts from the PharmCAS application instructions. The manual can be accessed through the PharmCAS Community on AACP Connect. Contact CAS@aacp.org if you need access to the Community.
- PharmCAS Coupon Codes FAQ (p. 62) – Coupon codes are application fee discounts that colleges and schools can use to incentivize applicants to apply. If your institution chooses to use this program, it will purchase coupon codes from Liaison and provide them to selected applicants. Please carefully review the FAQ in the Manual before you purchase any coupon codes.
- PharmCAS Participation Policy (p. 17) – Participating schools must require all applicants to the first year of the professional Pharm.D. degree program to apply through PharmCAS and only offer interviews and make admission decisions on applicants with Verified application status in PharmCAS. Review the policy and FAQ in the Manual to learn more.
- Liaison's Explore Health Career Program (p. 32) – This program is intended to facilitate the application process for "other CAS" applicants who applied to and were denied admission to one health profession program and have agreed to be considered for admission by the college or school of pharmacy at the same institution. Review the related policies and FAQ in the Manual to learn more.
OTHER PHARMCAS RESOURCES
- PharmCAS Program User Guide – This guide provides documentation, reference guides, and direct links that answer common admissions questions about the PharmCAS Applicant Portal, Configuration Portal, and WebAdMIT.
- CAS Updates and Policy Review Webinar for Schools: AACP and Liaison staff shared preliminary cycle data, an overview of application service policies, updates for the 2022-2023 application cycle, and a Liaison operations update. View the webinar recording and slides in the PharmCAS Community on AACP Connect library.
- 2020-2021 PharmCAS Applicant Data Report: This annual AACP report provides aggregate applicant and application data for past cycles. The 2021-2022 report will be available in fall 2021.
AACP COOPERATIVE ADMISSION GUIDELINES
- Cooperative Admissions Guidelines (CAG) – The AACP Board of Directors endorsed the CAG, a set of admission traffic rules for pharmacy schools and applicants, in 2016. While all member institutions (PharmCAS and non-PharmCAS) are encouraged to abide by the CAG, AACP does not enforce them. To see the list of programs participating in the CAG, visit the PharmCAS School Directory and filter by CAG Status.
We hope you find these resources helpful and invite you to contact us with your questions.
Katie Owings Bruce
Director of Application Services and Student Programs
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy