We're pleased to announce that the 2023 application cycle for the CVS Health Minority Scholarship for Pharmacy Students is now open.
The CVS Health Minority Scholarship for Pharmacy Students will be awarded to five outstanding underrepresented minority (URM) students who have been accepted into a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program for the 2023-2024 (next) academic year OR were enrolled in their first (P1) year of the professional phase of the PharmD degree program during the 2022-2023 (current) academic year. URM pharmacy students are identified as Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, American Indian, Native Hawaiian, and/or Pacific Islander students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Selected awardees must demonstrate leadership, academic success, and a commitment to advancing the profession of pharmacy and patient care. Each awardee will receive a single $8,000 scholarship.
Qualified applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Students must be either 1) accepted into a PharmD program for the 2023 entering class OR 2) enrolled as a P1 PharmD student for the 2022 entering class. NOTE: Students enrolled in a 0-6 PharmD program as a P2 (out of P6) or a P3 (out of P6) student during the 2022-2023 (current) academic year are also eligible.
- Student must be a URM student. AACP identifies URM individuals in pharmacy as Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, American Indian, Native Hawaiian, and/or Pacific Islander students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
Students must demonstrate leadership, academic success, and a commitment to advancing the pharmacy profession and patient care.
- GPA for current degree program must be 2.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale. Applicants from schools with other grading systems are still eligible to apply for the scholarship. Refer to Task 1 of the Application Sections below.
- Student must submit a completed application by the deadline. Completed applications are due by June 1, 2023.
- If a scholarship is awarded to an accepted (not yet enrolled) pharmacy student, the award will be granted to the institution after the individual has started classes in the PharmD program. These students will be ineligible to apply for this scholarship again in the future.
The application can be accessed at https://www.abstractscorecard.com/cfp/submit/login.asp?EventKey=FWYXGPTA
Completed applications must be submitted by June 1, 2023 and include:
- Completed application form
- Unofficial transcript (PDF)
- Resume (PDF)
- 2 Recommendations
View and download the application instructions for additional details. https://www.aacp.org/resource/cvs-health-minority-scholarship-pharmacy-students
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy