After the final PharmCAS deadline expires on June 1, programs may continue to grant deadline extensions to individual applicants between June 2, 2022, and June 30, 2022.
On June 2, the following language will be added to the PharmCAS application login page:
"Some schools may offer deadline extensions through June 30. Contact the program directly to request a deadline extension. Programs are not obligated to grant deadline extensions or give consideration to applicants who submit late application materials. You have 48-hours to complete and submit your PharmCAS application once the deadline extension is granted."
Please review the following to determine which applicants need an individual deadline extension based on their current applicant status at your institution:
- In-Progress: Yes, the applicant will need to be granted an individual deadline extension in order to submit the application.
- Received: No, the applicant has already submitted their application, but not all required transcripts have arrived. The applicant has until June 30 to submit any missing documents.
- Complete: No, the applicant has already submitted their application and is in the verification queue. The application should be verified in the near future.
- Undelivered: No, the applicant has already submitted the application. Applicants are given a short window of time to make corrections and re-submit the application. Once the application has been re-submitted, the application re-enters the verification queue.
How to request a deadline extension:
- Are you requesting an extension for a single applicant? If yes, email Nicole Iarossi (email@example.com) with the applicant(s) name and ID #. The standard individual deadline extension is 48 hours. You can request these extensions as often as you like prior to the end of the cycle on June 30.
- Are you requesting an extension for a group of applicants? If yes, email Nicole Iarossi (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request an "invitation code" that is unique to the pharmacy school. Your request should include the following:
- The number of invitation codes you are requesting (e.g., 25)
- The invitation code expiration date (no later than June 30, 2022)
The school can then share the invitation code with each applicant who has been approved for an individual deadline extension. The applicant must enter the invitation code into the application to select your program on the Add Program screen. Invitation codes will automatically expire once the 2021-2022 cycle closes on June 30, unless the school chooses an earlier expiration date, and are not unique to each applicant. Additionally, schools can run a report in WebAdMIT to view the list of applicants who have utilized invitation codes.
Important Dates for the End of the 2021-2022 Cycle
- June 1: Final application deadline for 2021-2022
- June 30: Document Deadline (deadline for PharmCAS to receive all official transcripts, evaluations, etc. for 2021-2022)
- June 30: Last day for applicants to create a new PharmCAS account for 2021-2022
- September 1: Final date PCAT scores accepted for 2021-2022
- September 30: Final decision codes due from schools for 2021-2022
Katie Owings Bruce
Director of Application Services and Student Programs
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy