October is American Pharmacists Month!
In honor of American Pharmacists Month, we are celebrating pharmacists' contributions to health care and the positive impact they have on our communities.
Thank A Pharmacist Campaign
Throughout the month of October, Pharmacy Is Right for Me (Pharm4Me) will celebrate pharmacists who keep our communities and families healthy through our "Thank A Pharmacist" campaign. To participate in the campaign, please submit a thank you message to your favorite pharmacists, pharmacy faculty, mentors, or pharmacy students who have inspired you and invite others to do the same! https://forms.gle/1D7EzwhKL7iy8GzM7. Submissions will be posted on Pharm4Me social media each week in October with the hashtag #ThankAPharmacist.
National Pharmacy Week (October 17-23)
Pharm4Me has planned an exciting week of educational and engaging activities to promote pharmacy education and careers to prospective students during National Pharmacy Week. The week includes the following activities:
- Monday (10/18) - Drug Interaction Video. This new video will be posted on Pharm4Me social media accounts and YouTube channel, and will help viewers understand how drugs interact with the body.
- Tuesday (10/19) - Lip Balm Compounding Demonstration. This new video will feature the Pharm4Me compounding activity and feature tips about pharmacy careers. Watch for the video on Pharm4Me social media and YouTube.
- Wednesday (10/20) - ASHP Takeover. ASHP will post a special Pharmacy Week takeover on their Instagram. Pharm4Me will be sharing this media on our Instagram account.
- Thursday (10/21) - Learn About Pharmacy Residencies. A Q&A event will feature information about pharmacy residencies and will be posted on Pharm4Me social media.
- Friday (10/22) - Novel Pharmacy Careers Giveaway. We will promote a giveaway on our Instagram that directs participants to visit our Novel Careers Pathways page. On this page, there will be a link hidden in one of the profiles, which will take participants to a page where they can enter their email to be entered into a giveaway for a $100 Amazon Gift Card.
Here are a few things you can do to help make National Pharmacy Week a success:
- Use the attached Pharmacy Week Toolkit to access images and copy to leverage your personal or institutional social media platforms to promote National Pharmacy Week using the hashtag #PharmacyWeek.
- Reach out to your social networks, prospective students list, local high schools, community colleges and undergraduate institutions to promote National Pharmacy Week.
- Repost and share content from Pharm4Me's Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram social media networks.
- Submit a thank you to your favorite pharmacists, pharmacy faculty, mentors, or student pharmacists who have inspired you! https://forms.gle/1D7EzwhKL7iy8GzM7
If you have any questions or comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Recruitment and Diversity
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy