The 2022 CVS Health Minority Scholarship for Pharmacy Students is now open!
AACP and CVS Health are committed to fostering an inclusive community and promoting diversity of thought, background, perspective, and experience to advance pharmacy education and improve patient health. This scholarship is intended to promote and support a diverse population of student pharmacists who will care for an increasingly diverse population of patients as part of a health care team. This CVS Health Minority Scholarship for Pharmacy Students will support the financial need of underrepresented minority (URM) students who are entering into or recently enrolled in doctor of pharmacy (PharmD) degree programs at AACP member institutions. The purpose of the scholarship is to reduce the financial barriers and challenges for underrepresented minority (URM) students who are pursuing a Pharm.D. degree.
The CVS Health Minority Scholarship for Pharmacy Students will be awarded to five outstanding underrepresented minority students who have been accepted into a PharmD program for the 2022 entering class OR enrolled as a P1 PharmD student for the 2021 entering class. Each awardee will receive a single $8,000 scholarship in fall 2022. Completed applications are due by July 1, 2022.
- Accepted applicants must be accepted into a PharmD program for the 2022-2023 academic year OR are enrolled as a first year (P1) PharmD student during the 2021-2022 academic year at an ACPE pre-candidate, candidate, or accredited AACP member institution.
- NOTE: Students who are enrolled in a 0-6 program are eligible for consideration if they meet the following criteria: a P2 (out of P6) student or a P3 (out of P6) student during the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Student must be an underrepresented minority (URM) student. AACP identifies URM individuals in pharmacy as black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, American Indian, Native Hawaiian, and/or Pacific Islander students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Student must demonstrate leadership, academic success, and a commitment to advancing the pharmacy profession and patient care.
- GPA for current degree program must be 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale.
- Student must submit a completed application by the deadline.
Log into the application at https://www.abstractscorecard.com/cfp/submit/login.asp?EventKey=DDSVMGVZ
Completed applications must be submitted by July 1, 2022 and include:
- Completed application form
- Unofficial transcript (PDF)
- Resume (PDF)
- 2 Recommendations
View and download the application instructions for additional details. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Manager of Student Recruitment & Programs
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy