CALL FOR PROPOSALS
2022 AACP Admissions Workshop:
Recruitment and Admissions for Future Generations
The AACP Admissions Workshop Advisory Committee invites members and non-members to submit micro-session and concurrent session proposals for the 2022 Admissions Workshop: Recruitment and Admissions for Future Generations. The two-day meeting is designed to inform and inspire pharmacy school administrators, faculty, and staff involved in recruitment, admissions, and enrollment management for professional or graduate degree programs. The Workshop will precede the 2022 Annual Meeting. Additional program and registration details will be available by spring 2022.
- Friday, July 22, 2022: Workshop Programming (8 am-6 pm)
- Saturday, July 23, 2022: Workshop Programming (8 am-1 pm) & WebAdMIT Training (1:30-5 pm)
All session proposals for the Admissions Workshop must be submitted via an online form by Sunday, January 16, 2022 at 11:59 pm Hawaii Time (HT).
Micro-sessions allow attendees to learn about a variety of important issues in a short amount of time. Each speaker will provide a brief 5-7 minute presentation followed by 2 minutes of Q&A. Presenters may use slides (no more than 5) that emphasize visuals, rather than text. Only one speaker is permitted per micro-session. Micro-session proposals must address one of the following topics:
- Recruitment Strategies to Build a Diverse Pipeline: Presentations will describe innovative pipeline development programs (K-college) designed for students from diverse backgrounds. More commonly used recruitment activities (e.g., pharmacy camps) should be avoided unless they include a unique focus or component.
- Strategic Partnerships to Promote the Program or Profession: Presentations will describe innovative partnerships with institutions and organizations to recruit and enroll students into a professional or graduate program, or inspire students about the pharmacy profession. Include partnerships with unique student benefits, enrollment options, financial incentives, employment guarantees, or other components.
Concurrent Session Submission
The Workshop will feature concurrent sessions focused on topics aligned with the AACP Strategic Plan. Each concurrent session is scheduled for a total of 40 minutes, including Q&A. There will be 2 concurrent sessions offered per time block. Up to 3 speakers are permitted per concurrent session. If you are interested in presenting on a concurrent session topic and are unable to independently identify a potential partner from another institution to serve as a co-author, you are still encouraged to submit a proposal. If your session is accepted, AACP will attempt to pair you with another accepted submitter with a related topic.
Sessions must include relevant outcomes data. Presenters may also discuss the impact of the pandemic on strategies and how they are expected to evolve due to the anticipated changes to the applicant pipeline. Concurrent sessions must address one of the following topics:
- Digital Recruitment of Future Generations: Presentations will focus on the use of modern technologies to inform, inspire, and recruit an increasingly diverse pipeline of students (e.g., K-college, adult learners, and international).
- Overcoming Common Recruitment Roadblocks for Future Generations: Presentations will describe responses and solutions to common admission barriers, such as those associated with interactions with undergraduate faculty, advisors, and admissions personnel; academic preparedness, course prerequisites, writing skills, perceptions about the pharmacy profession or workforce, immunizations, language proficiency, etc.
- Cultivate and Support a More Diverse Population of Learners: Presentations will focus on strategies to support the academic preparedness of prospective students (K-college) or accepted students who may be at academic risk in the professional or graduate degree program.
- Holistic Admissions: Presentations will describe holistic approaches to admissions to address the issues of access and diversity in pharmacy education.
- Well-being for Recruitment and Admissions Personnel: Describe how the institution is supporting the well-being of pharmacy administrators, faculty, or staff serving in student recruitment or admission roles. Sessions may address physical, intellectual, emotional, social, spiritual, vocational, financial, and/or environmental well-being.
- All Workshop proposals must be submitted online by Sunday, January 16, 2022 at 11:59 pm Hawaii Time (HT).
- The Workshop submission form differs from the Annual Meeting submission form (now closed).
- AACP members and non-members are eligible to submit.
- Individuals may submit more than one session proposal for the Workshop.
- Submitters are encouraged to create a separate Save & Return login account for each proposal.
- Session proposals may overlap with abstracts submitted for the 2022 AACP Annual Meeting.
- AACP will share decisions on Workshop proposals by March 1, 2022.
- AACP may ask submitters with similar proposals to collaborate on a joint session.
- All invited speakers must agree to attend the onsite program, register, and pay to attend the 2022 Admissions Workshop, and are responsible for their own travel expenses.
The Admissions Workshop Advisory Committee will review session proposals and will consider the following criteria: The session proposal…
- is well-written and describes the session clearly,
- has clear and appropriate learning objectives,
- properly addresses the selected topic,
- is unique or innovative,
- provides timely and/or future-focused content,
- is evidence-based and includes relevant outcomes,
- is likely to be of interest to Workshop attendees,
- will engage attendees, and
- will be presented by individuals who likely have the necessary expertise.
Please contact the AACP student affairs team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Katie Owings Bruce
Director of Application Services and Student Programs
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy