If you have deferred applicants from the 2020-2021 cycle, please read below and act by October 1.
LIAISON-ASSISTED DEFERRAL (LAD) PROCESS
Schools must use the decision code of Deferred in WebAdMIT by no later than September 30 (and before the deferred data pull on October 1). PharmCAS cannot grant any extensions for this process, nor pull any deferred applicant data forward after the deadline. The Liaison-Assisted Deferral Process occurs on October 1 each year and results in deferred applicants appearing in WebAdMIT in the new cycle with an application status of Manual.
WHAT GETS TRANSFERRED DURING THE LIAISON-ASSISTED DEFERRAL PROCESS?
The following application information is transferred forward:
- Personal Information
- Biographic Information
- Citizenship Information
- Contact Information
- Race & Ethnicity
- Other Information
- Academic History
- Standardized Tests
- Colleges Attended
- High Schools Attended
- Supporting Information
WHAT DOES NOT GET TRANSFERRED DURING THE LIAISON-ASSISTED DEFERRAL PROCESS?
The following application information is not transferred forward:
- PharmCAS-specific questions (i.e., Academic or Behavioral Infractions)
- Program Materials Information (i.e., "fourth quadrant" materials such as Questions, Documents, Prerequisites, etc.)
- Document Uploads
- Personal Essay
- Release Statement Responses
- Deferred applicants in the new cycle appear in WebAdMIT with the Unverified tag in the Applicant Header.
- If a deferred applicant initiates the re-application process before the Liaison-Assisted Deferral Process on October 1, Liaison will not add or change any applicant data, even if the applicant decides to reapply with a fresh (i.e., a blank) application. However, Liaison will add the program that the applicant had applied to in the prior cycle with the Manual status.
- Deferred applicants are transferred into the new cycle on October 1 with a Local Status of None.
- If you download and view the full application PDF in WebAdMIT, the applicant's status will appear as In-Progress at the top of each page (as opposed to Manual).
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS AND DEFERRED APPLICANTS
For programs participating in the PharmCAS background check process via Certiphi:
If an Offer Accepted applicant is later coded as Deferred during the initial (1st) cycle:
- The initial Offer Accepted code will trigger a Certiphi email to the applicant, even if the code was later changed to the Deferred.
- The school must decide whether to instruct the applicant to complete a Certiphi check during the current (1st) cycle.
- If NO, instruct the applicant to disregard the background check email from Certiphi and indicate that a background check will be required during the next (2nd) cycle.
- If YES, instruct the applicant to still complete the check and indicate whether a second background check will or will not be required during the next (2nd) cycle.
Details on the Liaison-Assisted Deferral Process can be found in the WebAdMIT Help Center. We encourage you to read through this information and let us know if you have any questions.
Katie Owings Bruce
Director of Application Services and Student Programs
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy